View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 08:29 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Here's what I remember: we met at Jim Crandall's office one evening at his Lehman Bros. office, and since Lehman went under in 2008, I'm guessing it took place in 2007. Attendees included Jim, myself, Doug Allen, Dave Forman, Keith Thompson, Al Crisafulli, Frank Evanov, and I may have left out one or two others (with my apologies).

I believe the gist of the meeting centered around third party grading, and Dave F. brought some cards he slabbed that day and asked us to all spend some time examining them, and then we were to grade them. Afterwards he told us some were altered, and showed us how hard it is to determine that. None of us did that well getting them all correct.

We had some other topics of discussion but I need a little help with them. I do remember Jim bought something like eight pizzas, and they were delicious. I also got into a discussion with Al and he told me he didn't like the Beatles. I wanted to clock him, but since Al is around 6' 10", I minded my manners (hi Al).

Maybe Keith or anyone else reading this remembers more of the details.

Where were the pizzas ordered from and were they just cheese or did any have toppings. Also were these the type of slices that you had to fold or just stiff. Did you order any of the pizzas 'well done'

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-08-2019 at 08:29 AM.