Thread: .
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post
Based on the pitch why would anyone go anywhere else?

Do you have any way of showing some of your previous results?

If I am not mistaken you are the 7,034 dealer to tell me they get the best results in the industry.
Results aren't everything. Any seller that focuses on a few of their pieces going high has just as many pieces going low. I had a 72 Football Registry break last night, I had cards go for double VCP, cards go for half of VCP, and cards sell at VCP average. Would you prefer I ignore all results below "shattering" records and lie to you and say I get a record price every time? Any seller or auction house that says this is lying to you. People buy the card not the holder and a stronger card for the grade will simply sell for more, regardless of the seller. A card that hasn't sold in 5 months and has pent of registry demand will sell for a premium. There are a wide variety of factors going into the selling price, not just the seller.

Most dealers and auction houses lose focus on what actually matters to the individual on the other side of the table, their net. On the flip side most collectors lose focus on what actually matters and would prefer an ego play (major catalog) which isn't always the best option. I recently lost a client with a large set to Heritage. They charged him 5% and he is effectively paying an auction house 30% to sell his items. Those same exact cards could be sold on e-bay for an all in commission of 8-12%. He was concerned with the catalog and his set now has to gross a full 18%-22% more for him to get the same amount of money. Buyers factor in the premium into their bids and that just doesn't happen. The gross amount of money spent is always the same regardless of if it is E-bay, an auction, or a brokered transaction. The only different issue is the fees.

There is a journey to get there. No one place is the best place for an entire collection. I have the industry locked down top to bottom from e-bay consignment to major catalog auction and can place each item in the proper location.

The best course of action is to give me a call to discuss what direction you are going with your collection and I can better advise you. Many times you should only shift a few cards around and it is not smart to liquidate an entire collection.

Last edited by Sean1125; 08-19-2015 at 08:52 AM.