View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default Nat Finds

I purchased a group of misc. sports guides and books that were heavy on USFL media guides. Also included were some older baseball books. In one of the books was a piece of paper that had a bunch of autographs of older baseball players including Gil Hodges and Joe Paterno. I didn't get the connection until I did some research and found out that Paterno was from Brooklyn. I had the autographs authenticated by Richard Simon some time ago.

I have had other nice surprises as well.

-One of my larger purchases of old Brooklyn Dodgers baseball programs included some Green Bay Packers programs from the 1930's. Included was a Packers vs. Redskins Program that I didn't realize until I got home was from an early championship game...I sold this program for 3k which paid for the entire purchase.

-I purchased a collection on eBay of 1920's football programs that were advertised in poor condition. A few of the programs weren't great but many were awesome and a few had Marion Morrison (John Wayne).

-I purchased a large collection of football programs from a known dealer in Florida. Not a lot of information, so I took a chance and found programs that had Jackie Robinson, AAFL and other really collectible items.

I also have found a Joe Namath rookie card in a book as well as some neat ticket stubs tucked into older programs.