View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Default Bowman's exclusive Contract with Johnny Sain

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Hey Ted,

Really great stuff... and I think it is about the money, not broken printing plates. Plank was educated, went to college, and would have had loyalty to the American Caramel folks there in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I think the folks that did the printing for the ATT printed cards, and when Plank and Wagner objected, that is when the printing plates might have been altered. I think Plank must have signed something for American Caramel, and was sufficiently educated so that he knew not to break that agreement to get a few dollars more from ATT.

Most of the really old law firms kept files forever. The call them "off docket" files. Most sytems would have a book that listed the names of the parties alphabetically, and then beside that would be a year and file . If the Ted vs Frank file was closed on Jan 2nd 2007, it might have an off docket number of 2007-001. The files would be stored chronologically and numerically, with an alpabetical index. Such a file may well exist for American Caramel copyright matters. I'd think American Caramel and its successors would have pitched the stuff long ago. But lawyers keep stuff. After all, aren't a disporportionate number of folks on this board attorneys?