View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 10:19 AM
D.mitr.y D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
The OP hasn't proved anything, but neither has Andrew/Joe (unless I missed it - I didn't read every response). If I were the OP, here's how I would handle it from here:

Dmitry, you have a confirmation email from PayPal that says you paid for the item. I would take that email and file a police report in New Jersey saying that the card never arrived - must have been stolen. Let them know who is in possession of the card. Let the police do their own investigation. They'll determine where the card originated from real fast. If Andrew/Joe are right, you owe them an apology. If they are guilty of what you suspect them of, well then a lot of people owe you an apology. Again, that's just how I would handle it, you can do as you wish.
David,

Unfortunately, I also have an order cancellation and refund. It would be pretty silly of me to file a police report, especially if I were to claim that the card was stolen in transit, which I know it was not because it never shipped.

You've hit the nail on the head, though, with the fact that Andrew and Joe haven't proven yet that they didn't buy the card from maxcollector69. All we have so far is their word - and they are under no obligation to prove anything to me or anyone else if they choose not to.

If Andrew or Joe decide that they'd like to prove that they didn't buy the card from maxcollector69, then I absolutely owe them an apology.

Without proof, however, there is still some doubt. Nobody can possibly deny or refute that given they are the only other party that has been proven to be in possession of the card after maxcollector69 had it.

I'd like to apologize to everyone on the board, however, about how I went about pursuing this. I should not have made any threats or accusations without actual proof. I convinced myself that it was Joe simply because he was in possession of the card, and that was wrong of me.