View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: Josh K.

If you actually believe that article, Ive got some swamp land in Florida you might be interested in purchasing.

Im not saying that Bagwell never juiced but, first and foremost, that article cites to no sources. Its simply nothing more than a made up story that ties players back to bagwell - sort of like a seven degrees of Jeff Bagwell game.

Second, if you believe the story, you would have to believe that even though bagwell began juicing in 1992, by 1999 (seven years later) he was still the ONLY source of steriods in the major leagues - "In 1999 . . . Barry Bonds . . . asked Servais if he knew any secrets which had been helping Sammy . . . Servais offered to give Bagwell a call, which Bonds quickly took him up on." I mean come on, use your brain here - we should believe that seven years after Bagwell "introduced steriods to baseball," that he was the only person who had access to them? This is nonsensical particularly since steriod use had been a problem in the NFL many years prior. Steriods were not new to the world and were readily available - moreover, I am fairly certain that back in 1992 there was no drug testing in MLB and no need for any special designer steriods.

Finally, I bet if you check the facts, many of the players never played with other players that they are linked to in the story.