View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 04:48 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I think there are more people after these freaks than just a handful. Look at all of the T206 collectors who are going after back runs for specific players. For all we know, they want to add a freak to their back run also. There are a lot of T206 collectors who a lot of dough burning through their pockets, as we can see from sales of rare back commons.

Some of the freaks in T206 like the one that just sold in Hunt, I've never seen outside of low quality 1920s strip cards and the T206 set. Has anyone ever seen a 1933 Goudey like this with multiple stamps like that? I think that's one of the things that makes the price go up. There are a small, but decent supply of these so multiple collectors think that it's possible for them to own one. If there were just one known, people would probably just write it off. However, because there is a small supply, it's possible to put this on your checklist.

Frankly, I think that these are pretty cool looking also. I'd like to own one also, but probably wouldn't pay more than 1-2K for one. I'm sure there are other collectors like me, but that sets a floor for the prices for these cards, where the really enthusiastic collectors can drive them to sky high levels.