View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 06:49 AM
Kyle May

Taking in everyone's advice, and morphing it to fit my restrictions as a younger, less-financially established collector, I have put together a pretty solid game-plan I think. When you crunch the numbers on approximately how expensive this set is, it truly becomes a life-long chase. I'm excited for that part. I'm not sure my fiancee of just over a week still wants to marry me (kidding, but she somewhat jokingly didn't like the end number I presented her with - and that was on the low end), but that's ok; she'll get over it.

I'm working on the T206 Cleveland team set first. I am at the very least going to knock out the commons/Flick and maybe Joss/Lajoie, but Cy Young might have to wait. I'm trying to knock out as many different and difficult/semi-difficult backs as possible.

Then my plan is to move to the horizontal cards. After that, I'll have to decide if I want to target another team (Louisville or St. Louis) or target backs.

Now, by taking people's advice, I'm also not limiting myself to these. If I see a deal that would be hard to pass up, I'm absolutely considering it. But it's a marathon, not a sprint, which is a saying I came up with and haven't heard before.

Thank you all, again, for your input and advice! I really enjoy being a new(er) member of the Net54 community, which is by far the best community I've come across in the hobby.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame