View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 10:50 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
I listened to most of the rest of it at work this morning. I was glad he owned up to being a fence ("front" in his terms) for bad actors, but it seems he won't out anyone who confesses, apologizes, and reimburses those who were scammed. He believes all of these criminals are worthy of staying in the hobby as long as they promise not to do it again...

He says that he is working to identify "conservators" who he can point people to in order to improve the look of their cards, and anyone who thinks this is alteration just needs to "mature" like other markets. He didn't say if Dick Towle was on that list.

Things I do agree with that he said: the bad actor information needs to be freely shared between auction houses and grading companies so this doesn't become a case of "pass the trash." He referenced the plan that blowout member Superdan is working to catalog all these altered cards onto a website so that the info doesn't get lost to internet losses.

I disagree that the six to eight already outed by Blowout are redeemable in the hobby, and I would love for Brent to turn over his information on their consignments to law enforcement.
6 to 8?? There have been dozens.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.