View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 09:58 PM
Curt

Got me curious now. I stopped searching for good local shops years ago, as it seemed to be a waste of time, but not even aware of any north of Seattle any more.

Is this closer to home for you or closer to Seattle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
Cool topic with some priceless comments...

A while back I actually had this discussion with a local card shop owner...and this person in real life is the salt of the earth, one of the best human beings I have ever met frankly. Crazy weird to say that about a shop owner as most fit the mold of the Simpson's "Comic Book Guy". Anyway, he told me if something ever happened God forbid, to have my wife bring my collection to him to handle. That would either be an estimated insurance value to keep, or to help sell. He said he has had this conversation with other like collectors, and this has happened before. I was the recipient once of a sudden collectors departure where the shop owner called his known vintage collectors that he trusted and we brokered a major purchase to me and it was clear the widow was well represented and over fairly dealt with. I 100% trust him and have told my wife to do just that.

While I am in the same boat as others, never spent a dime my family doesn't need and am well insured..but I also would like my collection dealt the respect it deserves.

Edit to add that I have also instructed my wife to donate half the money she would get back to said shop owner and his charities. Again, this guy deserves sainthood and for those living in the Washington area know exactly what I am talking about.

Last edited by mrmopar; 03-20-2019 at 09:59 PM.