View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 03:13 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonvancouver View Post
To put it as simply as possible, I collect SGC 60 T206 cards that (in my opinion) are graded properly. SGC 60 cards can have a whole bunch of different conditions. Nobody is perfect. So if I buy an SGC card on eBay with a blurry photo, and it gets to me with corners that I deem too round for my collection, I try to recoup as much money as I can and move on.
If I buy a SGC 60 Green Cobb, only to find out it's counterfeit, I think I would have a hard time reselling it to recoup my investment and move on.

My options with the bats were plentiful. Greg was kind enough to list them on eBay and I took a loss. The story about the bats (in my opinion) has nothing to do with the ball. And I said that in various emails to Kevin. His opinion on condition is different than mine. He thinks they are SGC 60. I think they are slabbed SGC 60 but look like a 30. We've all seen things like this before, and almost everyone has more experience than I do.

What I can't for the life of me understand is how we all seem to be skipping over the most salient point. How in the world, could someone with so much experience that they have 220 pieces that REA deems worthy for their auction, choose the one ball in his entire collection that turns out to be not what he says it is.
How is that humanly possible? He's not new to this hobby.

I have bought many many items on this forum. I've had every single deal be flawless.

I really tried to not post again as Kevin says he will be refunding my money (even though no timeline has been spoken about) but I really don't see the harm in NOT returning the bats because it was simply a condition disagreement, that I didn't even once bring up to him!

As always, I'm here to answer any further questions. I just hope that Kevin will let me know when the refund is coming.
Jonathan Schwartz
It so easy to refund..it takes like 5 seconds...not sure what the hold up is