View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 11:35 AM
Jim M.arinari

Default How ticked would you be?

This Deer is a little ticked at a local reporter who covers county meetings. I have been "quoted" twice from video she is watching incorrectly. The 1st time was OK in that it direct 'quoted' a similar sentiment, even though my actual comment was pretty well formed to communicate a slightly different point.

This last time she only quoted one word and couched it in a context in polar opposition to my position on the subject. Like if you said "I love the game of baseball, but I think the ghost runner should be banned." And the news story said: Deertick hates baseball and thinks it should be "banned".

I wrote her a nice note asking for maybe an edit to accurately reflect my statement. Her reply:

I thought your word for what that will bring to your situation worked in the context with other community comments included specifying various aspects of the lifestyle change that growth brings.

It can be challenging at times to find that balance between summarizing the many aspects of these changes that impact people's lives without getting too bogged down on specifics.

AITA? (on this and ONLY this?)