View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Administrator

Default the new board is being scrapped for the time being

Posted By: Joann

Hmmmm. I guess I don't understand the reactions here.

I don't know why it seems like there has to be one camp or the other. I don't think that someone saying they like this board or even prefer this board is somehow not appreciating the work that went into the new one.

I bet most people here have something in their life that they miss, even if what they currently have to replace it is "better". Old jobs, first house (my case), first car - things like that. So why such the dismissive treatment for those that simply say that this place feels more comfortable than the new board? Or that it may be a bit harder for some people to get acclimated to?*

And the bottom line is that this board is a lot - a LOT - simpler to use. That is plain fact. Yes - the ease of use is tied to the lack of features, etc. But why, again, are some people so dismissive of the fact that adjusting to the more complicated interface of the new board is an issue for others? Great - it works for you. But do we have to call other people names because it doesn't seem as straightforward to use?

Oh well. Stay the course Leon. We do need the new board. But we can all help by not acting like people that have contributed here for years - who have helped make it a board worth moving - are somehow jerks because they prefer this format.

Joann

*And Barry - this whole paragraph should be declared a Grammatical Disaster Area with the incorrect pronoun use and ending sentences with prepositions and everything else. happy.gif