Thread: T-210 Market
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Well put Jeremy. I started collecting this set years ago when I bought a framed magazine supplement that had pictured a number of baseball cards including many T206s and at the bottom row there was a picture of some Kentucky players. To discover who they were I was fortunate to find this site and some active collectors who were so helpful. I started with Frankfort and after completing that team ( yes Frank even Angermeier fielding although to call it a beater would be a supreme compliment) and have since been working on the other teams . The fun part for me is I can go to any of the towns and the local library will generally have an archive of newspapers and the stories just always seems to bring these players to life. When I read about a player being arrested for disorderly conduct at the bar down the street I can actually see the spot. So many great local stories surround these teams it never get boring to explore them. Many of these guys lived right in the town ,their wives took tickets at the local movie theater and you can visit their graves at the local cemetery -something about that makes it very personal to me. Finally looking at these cards gives me a smile when I see the cocky attitude some of them have--leaning on the bat , hat off center, always something. I remember reading how all the barber shops in Frankfort would close early on opening day so everyone could go to the ballpark.