View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Default MastroNet upcoming auction is up.

Posted By: Julie Vognar

if you BID on an auction, you need not pay a fee for a year, I've been told. Also told how much they love underbidders. Anyway, all you have to do is bid once a year, according to the guy I talked to on the phone. You don't have to win anything. Call them up; check it out!

I DON'T find the catalogues very useful as references, because everything is all mixed up (relatively speaking), and there's no index. Unless you can keep straight in your mind a zillion different "Saved From the Spokes" from a zillion different catalogues. Sometimes something will stick in your mind, and you can refer to it. But wading through a dozen catalogues to find one item...hm..can be sorta fun!

"Nothin but net!" I say it all the time. Nobody understands me, but that's O.K. For instaqnce, next fall, docent classes start all over again at the Asian Art Museum, for a new crop of docents. The old ones (me for one) get to attend. No books, no tests, no private presentations, no qualifying exams--nothin' but net! I think they get the general idea.