View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Ben L

Default Need Opinions on this Lou Gehrig Autograph

So, here's the story...

I am friend's with a guy who has agreed to help an older gentleman (early 70's) liquidate his collection. I went to this man's house earlier today with my friend to see what he had. The majority of stuff in the house wasn't worth much (collectibles from the last 25 years) but he did have some vintage/antique items. He told me that he had several thousand autographs at one time but got rid of most years ago. He still has some of the more well known signers including this Lou Gehrig piece. I told him I would post photos on the forum to try to save him a bunch of money before sending to PSA. I highly value and trust many of the Net54 members' opinions and hope you guys can help. I'm going to try and take a few more photos of some other other items (he has a Ruth, Maris, Mantle, Marilyn Monroe & others) over the next few days but thought I would start with this one. If all/any of these items are good I am going to try to have him agree to offer some of them for sale here on the forum.

The Gehrig autograph is on a photo cut from a newspaper. The newspaper was glued to an index card some time ago and could be easily removed as the glue is quite dry. The autograph is in pencil. This is the only info I can provide other than the photos. Your comments and expertise are greatly appreciated! Thanks!