View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 02:47 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Seems like the nature of this hobby is that there always has to be one area running batshit crazy at any given time.

Didn't Mickey Mantle appear at card shows for many years? Seems weird these would be running insane, though agree with an earlier post that a well signed copy in great condition is probably pretty rare. Most were probably not taken care of well (by hobby standards).
Agree with the majority here.

Mantle is a weird auto and in line with Ruth in its unconventional value when compared to supply. Mantle and Ruth signed so much crap that it would be impossible to not find a few hundred items for sale at any time in less than an hour. However they defy the logic on pricing.

The reason I think these were more outside the box was card condition. If you were collecting in the 80s, the value of a card was brought down by a signature. This is why most examples are on poorly centered or condition cards. People had their beaters signed and the good cards in the binder.

So I agree, these are complete outliers on the condition and thus hens teeth for autograph examples.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.