View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 03:46 PM

Default New Member: kevinlenane

I've already posted several topics here but I noticed the introduction decorum and so I'll back up a bit and introduce myself.

My name is Kevin Lenane and im a tech entrepreneur, I recently sold an adtech company and have had just a bit more time to pick up an old hobby in card collecting.

I voraciously collected cards from 1986 (born in 1980) until about 1993. I paused for two reasons, one I was 13 and heading to boarding school where there real live girls to talk to and two (a reason many are familiar with) 92/93 was the year of set and subset explosion and I was unable to even keep track of all the different versions of Fleer Ultra, Stadium Club etc. and the 15 subsets and inserts in every pack. Flash forward 20 years later and I was on Ebay trying to buy some Patriots gear for my Dad after the Super Bowl and I randomly bought a pack of 1982 Donruss Baseball. As soon as I opened the pack and the smell of bubble gum and the poof wax dust hit me I was right back in it and haven't looked back

Im now building the Ted Williams Master Set (im about 2/3 of the way there with a lot of the big stuff) and more recently Bobby Doerr and Goudey Wide Pens. I also waste a lot of money on older vintage packs and have recently cracked a 1978 Topps Vending box, 1964 Topps Giants Wax Pack, 1951 Topps Red Backs and a TON of 1975 Topps Minis. Im going to my first National on Friday and Im honestly weirding my wife out with how excited I am. Anyway, this board has been super helpful in the short time ive been back in the game. Its a hobby that makes me extremely happy and Im always happy to talk shop with anyone that will listen. Anyway, thats probably enough for now, thanks everyone for your help thus far.

Side note, I IMMENSELY enjoyed the Gizmo thread and am looking forward to examining his booth and persona on Friday. I may post a video for those of you looking to put some meat on the bone.