View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 09:55 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Advice

My T206 advice is to forget about the whole set. You can read about it and see scans of them every day here or on eBay.

Although I kinda agree that if you do collect them to get the HoFers first in case you get bored or change your mind on collecting the whole thing...it seems that by doing that you've already consigned to the fact that you might not want the whole set.

One question you need to answer is...do I really want a full T206 set that has 400 commons or do I just want the famous players?

I think that's one reason the Monster bites. It costs money to buy Glenn Liebhardt and a Chappy Charles. Once you have those two you still need Billy Purtell and Tom Downey. (Repeat~100 times) It's not a set for the impatient unless you are very wealthy...then you don't have to be patient.

Since I am not a t206 collector, perhaps I shouldn't have detailed out my negative viewpoint , since the set sure has it's fanatics. I appreciate fanaticism with whatever one chooses to collect, since it's all good!

I'm sure you'll consider the advice on the board and do what is best for your enjoyment! Welcome aboard!

I do want to also welcome Frank W back to posting. I hope to "see" you on the board some more!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.