View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Now there is no doubt I my mind that War Eagle is indeed Battlefields. I liked the tale of retiring, selling the collection amassed over a lifetime, etc. and thought the seller just might be legitimate. Wrong, since as other astute observers have pointed out, Battlefields has no current offerings at the moment. Just a coincidence. Doubt it.
I got caught. Won the '55 Bowman Mantle last, which has already been shipped. Will see when card received. Glad I didn't indulge myself with the beautiful '33 Goudey Gehrig, which fetched over 7K, or the DS Greenberg for 1.3 K.
This could be the swan song of Battlefields, a.k.a. War Eagle. Take the money and run or set up under a new nom de plume.
Return it. No reason is required, but inspect it carefully and if there is ANY difference between the card and the scan, file a return and demand they pay return shipping. I did and got a return shipping label in hours. If not, just return it if you don't mind paying return shipping.

When you paid, did you see the name on the Paypal account?

In a perfect world, I'd love it if members on this board won every single item listed and returned 100% of them!