View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Matt

As a Yankee fan I love this trade. Simply put, they added an MVP— and remain well-positioned in terms of both the farm system and the luxury tax cap.

The final years of most star contracts are not fruitful for the team, yet the 2018 to roughly 2024 Yankees just improved and I believe a team should strike while the iron is heating up, so to speak— this was a team that fell just short of a division and one game from the WS, so adding an MVP at this cost can only help.

They are an A+ arm, a third basemen (Machado), and a solid Gleyber Torres at second from being very, very solid, on paper. As to Greg Bird, he may very well be the best hitter on the team when the dust settles one year from now. His injury last year was an anomaly and will not recur. He showed flashes of the brilliance we saw all 2017 spring training, after his return. He had a mettle-testing Yankee moment with his clutch HR in the playoffs as well. I look forward to seeing one season-long body of work from that young man.

Of course, the games must be played, which is where the fun is. Will be exciting and entertaining to watch this team for the next several years, as it was last year.

Last edited by MattyC; 12-09-2017 at 05:55 PM.