View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Joe Drouillard

Default Psa Grading

I've only had two experiences with PSA, both were very positive. The grading seemed to my eye to be very consistent. I also enjoy the PSA Webpage and forums. I appreciate the SMR guide and Population reports. So, even though I've never met Joe, I admire his work.

As to the question of grading my thought is that cards should be graded to protect the card. You will never get perfection when you have a human being judging a card's attributes, but by putting a card in a holder you will preserve its condition (at least most of the time). I know you can preserve cards in plastic without spending the money to have it graded, but occasionally you will take the card out of the sleeve and risk damaging it, or you will damage it by pressing it between a pair of acrylic blocks. It really bothers me when I get a nice card in the mail that I know I will have to flip, and it just doesn't warrant the grading fees. You just know that the card is going to be passed around a couple of more times in a raw condition and soon will drop a grade or two through normal handling.

You can see how 100 years has really done a number on many of our treasures. I wonder what they will look like another hundred years from now if they are left in a naked state?

Just my two cents...

Best regards,

Joe