View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback system and BBB

Posted By: Hankron

I bash eBay as much as anyone else, but think it's definitely worth the time. I think the majority of people on eBay, as with the rest of the world, are honest and try hard. I think eBay should make some minor adjustments (I think if you were credited, the negative should be removed, for example), and I also thing potential bidders should take more (if only minor) care in how and where they bid. The scammers, who are few but like sore thumbs, try and take advantage of the gullible, lazy ('I've never heard of PRO, but I'll just assume they're good') or plain dumb. If the beginning bidder did even a small amount of homework before bidding ('Have you ever heard of PRO? Do you know if they are reputable?,' 'I'm not familiar with this card, does this auction look okay to you?'), he or she would automatically rise themselves above the just mentioned gullible, lazy and plain dumb or are taken by these scams.

Realize that most forgers, counterfeiters and scammers aren't trying to fool Sotheby's or Bill Mastro-- they're trying to turn a quick buck on the gullible, lazy and plain dumb.