View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 06:14 AM
J1m Ch@pman

Derek, that is a Comet Photo Studios Maranville that you spied. It is partially affixed to scrapbook material and may have come from the Maranville family. My photo is taken from afar, but you might be able to to make out what I believe to be his signature on the left side of his PC. I think at least 6 to 8 of the RPPCs shown are unique to the best of my knowledge, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong on here.

Orlando, I share your concerns and have done my best to address them. I am a judge by profession and they hang in my chambers behind armed bailiffs at the courthouse entry and in the courtroom. No guarantees, but I think they are as safe there as anywhere. As for the light issue, they are behind TruVue Museum glass that supposedly blocks 99%+ of the UV light, I have hung them in the darkest corner of the room and I plan to rotate out my collection through them at least once a year. Ultimately, I take little joy in that part of my collection that is locked away. The risks I take are outweighed by the pleasure I take in seeing them daily.