View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 01:42 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

Hello to the Net 54 Family! I hope everyone had a great Holiday season with your families. I have been away for a while but decided to see whats new. Boy am I glad I did.

So now the question is "In what way do we label the newest addition to the T205 list"?

There is enough evidence with the few copies available to show a 4th variation is proper as W A. Latham.
  1. A. Latham
  2. W. A. Latham
  3. Period before .A. Latham
  4. W No Period before A. Latham

Although this is a misprint variant it helps me think that the W.A. Latham was to be printed with all the backs listed in the A. Latham. The W. A.Latham was run in the SC 42 factory with no issues. The type set printing was then moved to a different press or shipped away to another factory. PB then gets it and prints a few sheets with the period missing and the W at slight angle. The press was probably not set to the same specs and thus created a much lighter pass. The W probably just got slid up in the block and out of the way. From there HLC looks as though they tried to fix it and thus the W is inverted and looks like a M in the Period before A variations. From there it was removed permanently and run the press all the way through to Drum. The backs possible for A.Latham do not include a Pied 42 and thus I would say will also no include any Hassan 30 or 649 backs.

This also would suggest a pattern that sheets were printed possibly. I would love to hear any feed back.

Member since 2009

Last edited by T205 GB; 12-26-2018 at 01:43 PM.