View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Default Kevin Saucier - Adding Value

Posted By: John J. Grillo

Don't know where to start other than to say Jim C is out to destroy our hobby whether intentional or not. I could go on and on...15%?...who threw that # out of their a--? I doubt the # is even close to 15%, and out of that # most of these alterations would be trimmed cards. So how in the heck can you detect a trimmed card inside of a slab? Apply some common sense here folks...yes, there are some alterations, but altering an already expensive card can be a risky venture. Trimming a card is more safer from an economical point of view (cheater's viewpoint). I only have a few high dollar cards but I would never even consider sending one of my slabs for this type of service. Gen Patton had a saying..."never pay for the same real estate twice."

MW's comment about a financial guarantee is spot on, but it's a moot point anyway as the whole concept doesn't make sense.

Kevin: if you want my recommendation, apply for a job as a card grader with PSA or SGC for 6 months or so. Learn more about your craft from a grader's point of view...you have as much to learn from them as they from you. After you develop your expertise even further, consider starting your own grading company. Even if it is small at first and it's part time. Nothing wrong with another reputable grading company...hell, it can even be a high end company if you wish for high $$$ cards...This type of service I would consider. I wish you the best. I think you are associating yourself with others who couldn't care less about you and only have their self-serving interests at heart.