View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Default If you have some time, I would like your opinion...

Posted By: David Smith

Be careful about the idea of leaving the cards to the kids, they might not WANT them. I don't have any kids and probably never will, however, I do have a 15 year-old Nephew I am helping to raise and he doesn't like baseball or collect cards. I have tried to teach him some things but he has no interest. If something were to happen to me, I am afraid he hasn't paid enough attention to me concerning my cards and which ones are valuable and which ones aren't.

He would have NO clue what some of them are because I haven't had them graded or even labled them (make note to self, maybe that is an idea for a rainy weekend). At best, he would sell them on eBay and then take the money and go to a Strip Joint (hopefully not).

At least get an idea and see if your children are interested in your collection. The old time collector I once knew (he owns/ed a T206 Wagner) tried to teach his Sons about his cards but was iffy about whether they would keep his collection after he was gone. He thought one Son might but I always hoped I would win the lottery because I think his Son's would want the money instead of the cards.

David