View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Default If you have some time, I would like your opinion...

Posted By: Cat

Leon:

I am calling it quits as far as adding to the collection. I just want to add that last player or two or three if indeed I have a glaring ommission.

I set out to estabish a certain collection and to an extent it is a never ending process. It seems like I can always add players. I can always upgrade, etc. etc. I have gotten to the point that I am comfortable with the collection. I actually hope that I keep it long enough to hand it off to my son or his kid(s). There are a couple pieces that I may sell but only because I have numerous cards of an individual player (I just sold off one Jackson card and one Wagner card because I had four cards of each of those guys). For the most part, I intend to keep the collection as you see it now.

I would be sad if I was selling it off, but I am not. In fact, I will likely spend more time enjoying the cards rather than scanning EBay, flipping through auction catalogs and sites, lurking in B/S/T, and cutting deals with other collectors. This hobby can be very time consuming and admittedly very enjoyable, but I want/need to refocus on business and other things.