View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Default T202 popularity questions

Posted By: Julie Vognar

when I quit. In nice shape, they can really be beautiful, although siome are really ugly--dumb photos, bad lithograhs pf the end-piece players. The write-ups on the back are excellent. Rob Lifson had mine graded (only the best looking, and then, the most important ones) by PSA, because, says he, "T202 collectors like PSA." Here's some really nice ones:

The end panels are exactly like the T205, except the borders are white, and the team logo is missing...not all the T205 players are represented, and I believe there are a few in the t202 that are NOT in ther T205 (is Smokey Joe Wood in the T205?)

They are incredibly thin, and I always think of the crease down the middle as a "western crease,' because we all used to be such RUBES out here. I am a sucker for black and white photography, and considering the date, many of the photos are really excellent, especially for stop-action. It's--what?-24 years since balls hung from strings in the Old Judge set, and you lay down and a guy stood over you, touching you with a ball, for a tag...photography is a great, great art...