Thread: Jay!
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Default Jay!

Posted By: Julie

1) I went to the dumbest grade school in the country (called "The Universioty of Chicago Laboratory School"). Of course, they were into all the latest things. Like the Stanford-Binet I.Q. test? Well, in the 6th grade, my best friend broke into the file where our I.Qs were kept, and discovered mine to be 170. Hey! GET A LOAD OF ME! I'M A SUPER GENIUS! It took me 25 years to remember that the U of Chi. Lab. Scbool had given us EXACTLY the same test 5 YEARS IN A ROW! (I remembered this while recounting to a friend a couple of the questions on it--which I still remember...)

The University of Chicago Super genius Test-Giving Laboratory School...

2) Krishna is one of the avatars of Vishnu--one of the forms he assumes when he shows up on earth to save the day. He is always painted as blue. When i asked, "Why is Krishna blue?" people would say "Because he is described as the color of a monsoon thunder cloud, and to contrast with his dead-white brother, Ballarama." Not good enough. I walked into the Resource Room, and asked, "Why is Krishna blue?" Someone sitting ast a computer punched up the Hare Krishna site, and came up with the followintg answer:

"Because he is blue! Do you expect us to paint him pink or brown, when he is blue?"