View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 01:15 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

I was waiting until I could pull out my magic lantern slides and scan them on my pro scanner. Magic lantern slides were made well into the 1930's. I suspect that some of them were used as PSA's (public service announcements) during movies as the first two are anti-smoking. These are from 1932 at the earliest as Bill Carr and Ben Eastman won their medals at the Olympics that year. The second two are from 1936. The one of Glenn Morris is a colorized version of a photo used when he won the Olympic Trials in decathlon while a member of the Denver Athletic Club. The one of divers Dick Degener and Marjorie Gestring would also be from that year as Gestring was about 3 months shy of her 14th birthday when she won a gold medal in diving in Berlin. The first two were produced by Albert F. Prieger of Tampa. The second two were produced by E.R. Deats of Philadelphia with the divers being done for the Philadelphia Inter-State Dairy Council
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eastman-magic-lanter00005.jpg (50.9 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg ray-magic-lantern00008.jpg (41.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg morris-magic-lantern00011.jpg (54.9 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg degener.jpg (46.5 KB, 70 views)

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”