View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMiller25 View Post
Maybe it isn't, but I can only speak for myself when I say, I have sold almost $100,000 in collectibles since October of last year, due the fraud and corruptness in this hobby and outside of ripping my own wax packs and maybe buying Mint 80's rookies that brought me joy as a kid (who would Dr. $10 cards?) I am done with this hobby. No more week long National trips, no more going to card shows, no more of my money being circulated within the industry. I was never a heavy weight, and don't want to come off as being some high roller, but I did contribute a lot of money annually into this hobby. I used to own some difficult high graded post war cards, and that's all over. So say what you want about collecting not dying, but the hobby is nowhere near healthy enough to absorb collectors leaving the hobby, due to the corruptness that exists everywhere. There are some great people in this hobby, but there is also a bunch of scum (my word), that operate as Promotors, 3rd party graders, Auction Houses, Dealers, EBAY Consignors, etc, that allow their greed to potentially jeopardize a long standing hobby, and great memories for many of us. For that I say KARMA is a Bitch!

Jose, As someone that purchased 5 or so graded packs from you, I find no humor in what you did, nor do I view you a hero, irregardless whether I bought fake packs or not.
Ditto for me. I'm not completely out of the hobby, but I'm spending about 3% of what I did when I was extremely active in the PSA registry. The pervasive corruption in this hobby is staggering.

I have nothing good or bad to say about Jose since there isn't clear, concise understanding about what has happened.