View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew H View Post
A "biggest fraudsters" thread would be great. Sure it would get ugly, but if someone in the hobby is ripping people off they deserve to be bashed in any and every way possible, IMO.
If you are talking about "Fraudsters" in the sportscard hobby industry, I highly doubt many on this board would go there....LOL. some of the people that would be "outed" are members of this board I dare say, and many on this board buy from these people and actually let themselves be ripped of time and time again 'cause "they just have to get that card". Meanwhile crooked dealer laughs as he transfers a small % of cash to his shill accounts PAYPAL addresses, and then deposits the rest in his bank account. Card collecting is a dying hobby and dealers such as the ones discussed lately are killing it faster. In 1997 there were 8 baseball card related shops in my smallish town. In 2007 there were none. Today there are none...
If you don't think there is MASSIVE fraud on Ebay you are in denial. I harken back to a post about flea marketers and cards that am pretty sure I made on this board in 2007 . I personally witnessed a SHILL MILL in operation in Warren County Ohio back then. 10 people 30 ebay accounts , all bidding on their employers and friends of their employers auctions around the country. back then it wasn't just sportscards they were shilling either, it was jewelry, antiques, cars, boats, game systems, etc.... you name it they will sell it.

- end of line

Last edited by T206DK; 01-27-2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: spell check