View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 03:21 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I wanted to give this thread a bump, because while gathering cards to send off to Bobby for his bulk submission to PSA, I found that a few of my green tints were short side to side. When I checked the scan I have of an uncut 1962 Topps sheet (non GT version), I found the three cards I wanted to include were situated in the same column on the printing sheet as the Sisler and Geiger cards already discussed here. The cards I'm referring to are Dick Stuart, Julian Javier and Dean Chance. I also checked a couple of my lower grade Dallas Green cards (that also reside in said column) that I had on hand, and they, too, were short side to side.

This isn't definitive by any means, but if I were Columbo, I'd say whoever did the green tints printing for Topps that year is guilty of producing an overwhelming number of 'trimmed' cards. I guess it's important to note that the column I'm referring to was on the far right edge of the sheet. A contrarian would say that these cards were all trimmed after market, but that just seems ridiculous at this point. Such a huge concentration of specific, non-star, 'meaningless' cards shortened by a wide variety of different people all across the country?? What the heck would be the reason for that?? That dog don't hunt. I think in the mass production rush at the print shop, a huge number of cuts to the rightmost column were short, producing the results we see today.

Like the Zodiac's 340-character cipher, the green tint puzzle remains unsolved.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.