View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 09:45 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Springs Bathers View Post
Hank I consider your book on your grandfather one of my favorite bios on a player! I have the traditional copy but what is the thicker white edition on the left.

By the way the Beale Senators copy with dust jacket is a real toughie as I'm sure you know!
Thanks, Mike, much appreciated! That's the first audio book c. 1995 on 18 cassette tapes! The small black package on the right is the CD edition. Now it's in the cloud. Yes, the Beale book is very tough with a nice dust jacket, only seen several over the years. Never seen a signed copy, curiously, even though he was a prolific author. I'd love to have one of those. My Povich copy is in mint condition with a beautiful inscription to me from Shirley--one of my favorite pieces as I learned to read from growing up with his daily columns in the Post. Did you notice the many Roger Treat WaJo biographies? There were nine editions of that book, and I have SEVEN different covers. I can't understand why they would go to the expense of doing a different cover for so many editions, especially when the later editions won't sell as well. Several of mine have a beautiful "Special Capitol Edition" page signed by Treat. I loved that book as a kid, it really captures the essence--if not the detail--if the Walter Johnson story.