View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 11:33 AM
Garth Guibord

On the topic of team collecting, one thing that has really helped me in getting a lot of the commons and low value cards is COMC. I do some flipping there and use the proceeds to fill out my Red Sox team sets, along with getting some other stuff. And there are some deals to be had on cards that have a little value (the real gems are overpriced, although the new fee structure may soften that up a bit - to be determined).
The best part of it is that I haven't put any of my "real" money in for years, I've been able to make things work just on flipping cards there (I've bought singles and resold them on COMC and also used COMC credit to buy boxes, both to varying degrees of success, but successful overall). And while I don't get to hold the cards in my hand that I flip, I still get the pleasure of "owning" them.
COMC just wrapped up the big Black Friday Weekend sale, which is when I do the most shopping there. I grabbed a bunch of cards for my PC, some good flips and even did early Christmas shopping by getting my boys some Pokemon cards.