View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 12:39 PM
Bob Andrews

I spent many years collecting Orioles team sets (and older pre-MLB Baltimore cards) and it was fun. I had a few other side projects but basically, I was Orioles-only. My interest in the hobby faded as my interest in baseball did in 1990 or thereabouts. The strike/lockout/walkout sealed that.

Went I got interested again (thanks, Buck Showalter!) I pulled out the old binders but I also found my nostalgia level had risen. I discovered the hobby blogosphere and I fell in love all over again with the sets I collected/flipped/traded as a kid starting in 1958. Chasing them, one or two at a time, has been really fun. I folded most of my old Orioles cards into the sets to help defray costs a bit.

Re-reading the original post I'm thinking I didn't answer the question. When I was collecting Orioles I also would pick up a few stars here and there. Generally cards of guys I enjoyed like McCovey, Gibson, and Kaline. I don't recall ever 'missing' the others.