View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Tim Carroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28jd View Post
This is just my strange idea but with so many cards produced from that era, have you ever thought about making a piece of a specific card, using only that card? I know the others are iconic cards and you would want the subject to be popular so that might affect the price of getting the cards, but something like an 88 Donruss minor star would cost almost nothing to get, probably could get it through donations like that Tim Wallach collector.

I might try to get 1500 Casey Candaele cards just in case I want my own piece someday
I had one gentleman consider, from the same exact set, the Diamond King Andre Dawson made from only Diamond King Dawsons. We talked, but decided that it would take many more copies than a piece normally takes (due to smaller amounts of specific colors. It would definitely be a challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I bought a few oil paintings from a gallery once. I told the owner I was building a house. He said I should consider one without windows.
I may be a bit biased, but I think that is amazing advice!

Here is one I should have finished in the next couple of days - I am unsure yet if/when I want to let it go:

www.timcarrollart.com

Facebook/Instagram/Twitter: @timcarrollart