View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 12:11 AM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Default Wilt da Stilt gamer/Tiernan jersey info

A Quick note about legit Tiernan vs NON-LEGIT Tiernan Laker jerseys.

Legit Tiernan Laker jerseys should and always have the following:

1) top of Laker logo should be close to neckline (see pic)

2) bottom of L in Laker logo should have little to almost no spacing in regards to top of number. (see pic)

3) the tackle twill shadow should ALWAYS have indentation in regards to inner number indentation. (see pic and example)

--if you ever see a Tiernan Laker shirt lacking any of these traits (Many Magics and Kareem's) laugh and pass on them. Many these bad shirts have been featured in auctions.

compare the real Wilkes to knock off Magic.

IMO the Wilt jersey that is appearing in latest AH does not possess the traits that are characteristics of legit Tiernan game worn jerseys. Thats my opinion and there does not exist a photo in existence that would prove that any Lakers players A-Z wore a number font like that during the Tiernan era. The spacing during Wilt era could have wider gap. Also the spacing between the 1 and 3 is way to close. All Wilt pics i looked at have a much wider gap. Again my opinion and opinions have been proven to be wrong before. Take it for what its worth its your 40-70k. IMO a photomatched item deserves the honors of a A10 grade. A10 grade should mean beyond a reasonable doubt that the item is shizit and nothing below it and this example is a few light years remotely close to even the A7.5 grade. The intact Tiernan tag is somewhat troubling too. I have seen them on some game worn jerseys from this era, but only on common players who saw little to no playing time. Tiernan tags were not stitched on routinely during this era.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ame1.jpg (42.0 KB, 770 views)
File Type: jpg ame2.JPG (47.6 KB, 769 views)
File Type: jpg ame3.jpg (54.0 KB, 762 views)
File Type: jpg ame4.JPG (66.1 KB, 766 views)
File Type: jpg ame5.jpg (30.5 KB, 764 views)
File Type: jpg AM!!.jpg (7.2 KB, 767 views)
File Type: jpg am33.jpg (63.3 KB, 763 views)
File Type: jpg am44.jpg (31.8 KB, 765 views)

Last edited by mickeymao34; 01-31-2016 at 10:16 PM. Reason: spell check and sentence bleed