View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 10:01 AM

Default House Yellow logo

After the National I sent a yellow logo House in to PSA and noted the logo. The card was returned graded, but with no logo designation. So, at least for now, PSA is not recognizing the variation.

That got me to thinking about the process of recognition, and I was wondering if the presence of "stages" of errors inhibits recognition. For example, if TPG recognized the yellow logo, what do they do with the "almost yellow" logo and the "almost almost yellow" logo, etc. Does this inhibit them from recognizing a clearly significant variation.

Most errors recognized by TPG are binary; they are or they are not. The backs are gray or they are not, the reverse is Page or Sain, the error is corrected or it isn't. There are exceptions of course--Herrer and Bakep come quickly to mind. These two have "stages" of printing error, but they are recognized. I have not seen enough of either of these two cards to know if TPG recognized intermediate stages as variations. How far gone does the "a" or "r" have to be. Any help?

I wonder if TPG would have recognized the Campos Black Star if the partial black star was more known about. Did they think it was binary or not? Is the broken border Campos binary or a continuum?

What does all this mean, if anything, for eventual recognition of the Yellow Logo House--a clear and compelling variation!

I welcome thoughts.

Bill