View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 12:05 PM
P.aul Orl,in

i love this set. has a charm to it for sure. some of the cards are rough to look at, like the WaJo portrait (for a player with some great looking cards, this portrait does not do him justice!), but many of them are very cool and the rarity and difficulty of collecting them, for a major set, is distinctive.

i have a complete set, most of which i got as part of an old time collection which i bought with another person in the hobby. i have added the two Lewis variations and some of the other variations that were missing, like the Livingstons, the Austin insignia, etc. It was not easy to find the missing cards, and i was going to upgrade some cards but it gave me fits and i decided to just be happy with the set as is. i upgraded the Lowdermilk when there were quite a few of them for sale a few years back, but i haven't seen much of anything from this set lately in major auctions.

one thing i noticed is that most of the cards in my set are Recruit with very few Napoleon. not sure if that was how this collector put it together or if Recruits are much more common on the "common" section of the set?

Last edited by puckpaul; 10-20-2018 at 02:56 PM.