View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 11:29 AM
An$on

Default Card Shows for Pre-War Cards

So, it's literally been more than 20 years since I was at a card show. Realizing the open-ended nature of this question, how easy is it to find deals on pre-war cards at shows these days? By 'deals', more specifically, I'm talking in comparison to what I can pay for things on eBay.

For example, I'm currently focusing on a lower-graded T-206 set and don't have much problem finding common-back issues of commons in P/F/G- condition for anywhere between $9.00 - $15.00. They often go for a little more, but my point is that there are times you can get them for that price on auctions that start at $.99. I just bought a few in the past several days averaging out to about $11.00 per card.

Can similar deals be had for lower-grade pre-war cards at shows? The reason I ask is because if you check out BIN prices or look for them on websites, etc., the prices for those T-206 cards are almost always in the $15.00 - $30.00 range for commons in those grades. I'm wondering if the pricing at shows will more reflect that than what I can get on eBay (understanding the benefits, obviously, of purchasing in person, seeing the card in person, etc).

Thanks for any help/insight to those of you that regularly make it out to shows.