View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 03:20 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
To me it's just them suggesting that we continue down the path of the slippery slope. "Come on guys! We all know this kind of thing happens with old cards - whether fixing a bent corner or removing a pencil mark. Is it really that bad? You all know you do it...why don't we just admit that certain things are ok!"

Doesn't it sound like the kid on the playground back in the day, trying to get you to cheat or do something else untoward that you know you shouldn't do? The problem of course with this line of thinking is where do you draw the line? Even with otherwise well-intentioned TPG's, the hobby has been arguing for nearly 30 years now on the consistency of grading standards and as a whole, has generally proven the inability to agree on things like this long term for some time now. So suddenly we should just start relxaing even more standards and things will somehow just magically be ok? Oy. Many, many bridges for sale right now.
I don't do it John, that's for sure and I certainly don't like it. Not that I wouldn't like to find a good card doctor, but it is out of control. Especially having to outbid a card doctor on nice 5's or 6's they turn into 8's and 9's.

PSA needs to hire that Moser kid at the very least to see if he can help detect the trimming, soaking, solvents, pressing spooning, etc. Because PSA certainly can't tell on a regular basis. They may have to submit a card several times, but they eventually ALL get through, I'm sure. PSA are Boobs.

Do we have to wait until Moser is facing jail time to make a deal like the "Catch Me if you can kid"?? Is Moser the doctor or is he buying the cards and paying the doctor, then flip and repeat?? OHHHHH Doctor!

The amount of $$ being made off of this fraud is at an astronomical level, that's not in dispute, is it?

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 05-13-2019 at 03:21 PM.