View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Nice run of "Cards" Shane....I took on another of the tougher team sets(due to some of the stars) to build...the Yankees. Minus a few Mantles from the early to mid 50s(52-58), a handful of mid 50s stars, and the 52 Hi #s, this run of Yankees Topps (regular issue/traded)cards is complete through 2010. Although most are regular issue, I have added some non regular issue cards to the run like the 77-79 BK cards of Yankees that were not pictured as Yankees in the Topps regular issue set. In a much less organized fashion, I collect any other Yankee cards from whenever to present....they are just not as organized as the Topps run I am working.

Ouch! Yankees team sets! I could not imagine. The Cardinals are tough enough. Not only are the Yankees stars in the base set expensive, but if you take the route I have taken and go with some of the harder sets..... boy oh boy...that will be tough!

Just a question for you guys - why are you stopping at 2000 Topps and 2010 Topps?

One thing that I have done to keep expenses down is that I am not too picky on condition for the older vintage cards. I do have some nice ones, but I don't mind a low grade vintage card to keep the price down. From memory, my 1948 Bowman Musial rookie and my 1965 Topps Carlton rookie are both in very low grade. I might upgrade one day, but I may not. I am more about completion than I am about quality.