View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 09:36 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

"As far as your collection goes, I will say this. I, like you, wanted everything. Haha. Pre-War sets are so cool and in many cases, very large. It's nearly impossible to collect EVERYTHING (as I am finding out), and Pre-War collecting goals often change (again, as I am finding out). My advise would be to collect a player who is very liquid. If you have no personal connection with Lajoie, my guess is you'll eventually want to change your Pre-War collecting focus at least once. A player like Lajoie is liquid enough to move pretty quickly, and if you buy them at good deals, you can even profit a bit."

I hear ya on that. Lajoie might not necessarily be my choice on every single set but would be on most. Every set has one or two must haves because of the particular pose or whatever reason. This idea just helps gives me a concrete way of moving through a variety of cool looking sets...many of which I might not have otherwise known about. Another result could be that I run across a particular group of cards that I especially like and can afford. Also, I will always have my Obak obsession to fall back on..LOL!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 07-17-2017 at 09:37 AM.