View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 11:00 AM
BRIAN C0ATS

Default Clarification

To all.

I fully accept the principals of capitalism. And I understand that every card purchased will at some point most likely be resold either by the buyer or their heirs. Collecting focuses change. Financial situations change. People upgrade. I get it.

All of which misses the point of my question. In this case a card was relisted in eBay within days of being offered here. Probably the same day it arrived in the mail. So clearly this is an opportunity for somebody to make a buck.

When I sell I PREFER that the buyer want the card, not the profit. I don't sell often. This is not a business for me. When I sell here I generally list for 10-20% below eBay to account for fees I won't be paying. When I get several I'll take it responses I'd prefer to skip over those looking to make a buck. It's an imperfect request.

As for the card in question, if the net54 seller had asked $100 more for the card I might own it today because there might not have been enough profit for a flipper to go after. He didn't. Somebody got a GREAT deal. And I continue to search for that card. I'll get it. Just not this week or from this eBay seller.

Last edited by BleedinBlue; 07-15-2017 at 11:00 AM.