View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 11:42 AM

Thanks David...I love seeing this early listing of the E90-1 set. It is interesting that Burdick had exactly 100 cards in his original listing, just like what the backs indicate (100 Subjects). It is fun seeing the John D. Wagner additions, which in many cases point to tougher cards.

A couple of things I can add. The Wagner portrait John D. added is also one of those that were actually in the E90-2 set.

Also, I discovered an additional ten cards that are not seen in the original Burdick listing nor John's additions. They are:

Bemis
Clarke Pitts.
Gibson (either back view or front view -back view is the tough one)
Keeler (either pink or red background - red background is the tough one)
Lobert
McLean
Mitchell Cinn.
Ritchie
Shean
Stahl

That Clarke, Gibson and Keeler are on this list make sense as they are tough variations that collectors might have overlooked or not known about. It is interesting to note that almost all of these ten cards are considered tough. Some were long acknowledged to be difficult during the subsequent years (Clarke-Pitts, Keeler-Red, Mitchell, Stahl), while others have been 'rediscovered' as being tough, or in some cases even tougher to come by than the documented scarcities in more recent years (Bemis, Gibson-back, Lobert, McLean, and Shean). I would consider Ritchie not as tough, but still uncommon.

Thanks David, it is always fascinating to see an evolving checklist like this one of the E90-1 set.

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 07-12-2017 at 11:44 AM. Reason: more sense was needed