View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Default Your New Year's Resolution

Posted By: Joann

This is actually a neat thread - it made me think a little bit and focus. I need to stop the see-it-buy-it approach, picking up this and that just because I can think of a reason I like it or maybe could use it. So after some thought my two NYR's for 2007 are:

1) Card related: Try to pick up one team image of the Detroit Tigers from around 1907 to 1910 or so. Maybe HM Taylor, T200, probably prefer the M101-2. If possible, try to pick up a low end T227 Cobb. Both or either of these will require that I settle down and forego some spontaneous smaller and middle buys and be more patient with both money and time.

2) Non-card related: Do at least one or two investigative/preparatory things to try to visit Cuba in 2008. Who knows - maybe even 07? I've always wanted to go, and now I've decided to start looking into it and doing whatever it is I have to do for arrangements. The US may ease the embargo if Castro passes, and to be perfectly blunt I'd like to get there and see it before Starbucks, Pottery Barn, Ben and Jerry's and the rest set up shop.

Not to say that's my ONLY non-card related NYR. But the others are pretty cliche and pedictable, and seem to be the same ones I had last year.

Good thread.

Joann