View Single Post
Old 12-18-2002, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default opinions on this situation please

Posted By: RobertS

If the seller clearly states that the card may or may not be real and that you the buyer agree to purchase anyway -- assuming all responsibilities of a final sale, you probably will not ever be able to recoup your loss...and deservedly so.

Meaning --

If a seller says he is selling an Old Judge "as is" then you are entitled to a real Old Judge (not a counterfeit), but cannot return a genuine Old Judge if you don't like the condition.

If he says he is selling a card that may or may not be a genuine Old Judge, but simply looks like one (but could be counterfeit) and the sale is final "as is" then you are out of luck if it isn't real.

I'm assuming you thought the risk was worthwhile and would have re-sold the card for a lot more if it had been real -- with no qualms about getting an unbelievable deal from an unkowledgeable seller. Of course, maybe I'm wrong and you would have cut him in on the profit (in which case, disregard the previous sentence).

I agree with everyone else that it's always best to completely avoid any seller selling dubious cards with "no return" policies.