View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 03:01 PM
N
Banned

Default Need advice - what do I do? (FULLY RESOLVED, updated 7-6)

Need some help please, Net54!
Backstory behind problem: I ended up winning an auction for T206 Shag Shaughnessy via eBay. Card went high (as Shags usually do), which seller was not expecting. He seemed to be a dealer in antiquities and had little/no knowledge of old tobacco card values. He let me know he would ship Priority Mail. Card went out Friday.

Problem: Card comes in today. Eagerly open package and find this:
View post on imgur.com

Card is, unfortunately, taped on the top left corner. Big time. I gently tried peeling back a very small sliver of tape, but already could tell paper loss packets would be inevitable.

Solution? Options:
a) I really want to keep this card. I suck it up because I still got a fair price. No contact to seller.
b) However, this was not the card I purchased. I contact seller and return item for full refund.
c) Either way, I do want to keep the card. I contact the seller in hopes of a partial refund and try to reduce paper loss as best I can.
d) ???

Leaning towards option D right now Any advice, Net54? The package is still in the same shape I received it, have not moved the tape since the sliver. Should I try soaking? Going for a full refund?
Let me know what you guys think. I leave for work at 4:45 Central, any help before then would be appreciated!
Best,
NJ Dunkin

Last edited by njdunkin1; 07-06-2016 at 04:47 PM.